Disruptive changes warning
There's a single disruptive change in JEditor 3.9.x – we have reworked the JEditor > Settings page in Jira administration.
The following is the list of significant changes:
- We've temporarily removed the Import config and the Export config links. We will rework these functions and return them ASAP.
Before upgrading to JEditor 3.9.x, it is strongly advised to backup the JEditor configuration by exporting the configuration file (using the Export config link) and storing it on a backup server.
- We've made changes to the default values of parameters on the Settings screen. After the upgrade, review the new Settings screen and make changes if required.
Please note: we've also removed the Save button. The configuration is updated automatically every time you change a parameter.
- We've moved the Allow Outer Updates parameter to Settings (previously, it was a module). If you use a 3rd-party app to manipulate JEditor fields, you may want to check this parameter's value after the upgrade.
- We've reset the Default Image Width parameter to its new default value (0). This parameter's value will not be imported from the old configuration.
- We've reset the Path To MathJax parameter to its new default value (empty). This parameter's value will not be imported from the old configuration.
Please note: the empty value stands for automatic usage of the built-in MathJax. We are using MathJax 3 in JEditor. This version will not work correctly in IE11. For IE11 users, you may want to use the MathJax 2 CDN (https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.7/MathJax.js?config=TeX-MML-AM_CHTML) or a locally hosted MathJax 2.
- Downgrading from JEditor 3.9.x to earlier versions will work. However, changes made to JEditor Settings after the upgrade will not persist (the settings will return to the state before the upgrade).