Please note: this article is for Jira Data Center version 8.20.0 or newer. It covers both regular and batching email notifications.
Why do I see HTML tags in Jira email notifications?
Jira uses a diff renderer to highlight changes made by a user with green and red background. This diff renderer cannot display changes in an HTML document and forces the plain text format.
To correctly display email notifications containing JEditor-enabled fields updates, Jira needs modified email templates. Here's how to replace the default Jira email templates with the modified templates:
- Download templates.zip
- Navigate to
Jira administration > System > Mail > Email templates
Upload .zipand select the downloaded
- After uploading, Jira should report that templates have been uploaded successfully, and you need to wait ~5 minutes until Jira applies the changes
- You don't need to restart Jira nodes after uploading the templates
- Modified templates survive Jira restarts
- Modified templates are stored in the shared Jira home directory
- You don't need to re-upload these templates when you upgrade JEditor
- Upgrading to Jira 9 will require a new set of templates