Enabling JEditor for SD
If you use Jira Service Desk you may want to enable JEditor in certain fields on the customer portals. To enable JEditor for SD, do the following:
- Navigate to Jira administration > Apps
- In the left navigation panel, select JEditor for SD > Field Schemes
- Create a field scheme for each field where you want JEditor
Note: If you don't see the JEditor for SD menu, re-install JEditor.
Prepopulating Service Desk fields
To prepopulate a request type field you only need to select a template when creating a field scheme in JEditor for SD > Field Schemes.
Enabling JEditor for the Agent's Comment field
By default, the Agent Comment field loads RTE/wiki editor. Agents may use this default editor to comment or switch to JEditor from the Other [+] menu:
Enabling JEditor Renderer
After enabling JEditor for SD you still need to make sure that the corresponding Jira fields (comment/description/custom fields) can properly render data created by JEditor for SD.
Switch the renderer of those fields to JEditor Renderer:
- Navigate to Jira administration > Issues
- Select Fields > Field Configurations to view all your field configurations
- Locate the field configuration related to your Service Desk project
- Click the Configure link to open the View Field Configuration page, which lists all system and custom fields in your Jira system
- Click the Renderers link to change field's renderer (you need to enable JEditor Renderer for all fields that use JEditor on the customer portals)
- Clicking the Renderers link will take you to a page where you can see all renderers available for the field and choose between them
- Select JEditor Renderer and click Update
- When changing the renderer, the system will warn you about Jira issues that will be affected by the change (if no issues will be affected then the warning does not show)